Friday, 4 May 2012
The Elder Scrolls Online Confirmed for a 2013 Release! [Details + Trailer]
So yes it's gonna be epic. The Elder Scrolls series have always been one of the largest and most popular video games of all time, and its definitely set to be even larger, gigantic large.
Rumours on an Elder Scrolls MMO title have long since been circulating, but it has only until very recently that The Elder Scrolls Online was confirmed by Bethesda Softworks and the developer Zenimax Online Studios. Though no official information have been released yet, here's some insider details on what you can expect:
- Ebonheart Pact - The Nords, Dunmer and Argoninans
- Aldmeri Dominion - Altmer, Bosmer and Khaijit
- Daggerfall Covenant - Bretons, Redguard and Orcs
- Includes the entire continent of Tamriel.
- Takes place a millennium before the events of Skyrim
- No werewolf, no vampire.
- Lots of dragons (duhh..)
- The Elder Scrolls Online is powered by the same engine that powers Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Uses a hotbar to activate skills, just like any other MMOs
- Solo questing, public dungeons.
- PVP with three player factions that can engage in "open-world warfare"
and let's take a look at their first trailer featuring a, let's just say, a really huge iron dragon.
If you've been following my Skyrim Saturdays articles, you would know that Skyrim was one of most favourited games of all time (besides Dota and Assassins Creed) so without a doubt, this MMO-fication of The Elder Scrolls Online would be at the top of my "2013 Highly-Anticipated Video Games" list. I just hope that they fix those bugs and well, shoot me with all their dragons.
What about you? If you are a WoW player, would you forgo it for this?
*The Elder Scrolls Online releases in 2013 for the PC and Mac. Goodbye life.
If you like what you read, give us a like! ;)